Percy Whelans in Carrick on Shannon is a public house situated on the corner of the Leitrim Road. A short walk from fine restaurants, accomodation, shops and local amenities, it is well worth a visit for the impressive reputation it has built over a short space of time since opening on 28th November 2014. Well loved among locals, tourists and party groups Percy Whelan’s is now the pub of choice for many because of the brand new decor, friendly staff and live music – a great nights craic is sure to be had, Needless to say the Guinness is exceptional. Outstanding Live bands such as Rackhouse Pilfer, Empire Circus and top of the pops have customers left with aching feet at the nights end from all the dancing!
Often crowded with fun loving people enjoying live music at the weekends, Percy whelans is never short on customers who frequent mid-week to enjoy all the latest racing and matches from Sky Sports, BT Sports, ESPN or Setanta on the large TV screens. Great stout, seating (indoor & outdoor), stoves and music, it is all a credit to the management combination of Sean Purcell and Brian Whelan who have refurbished not once but twice since opening! Just a lovely pub in a lovely town – its time you get in and see what it’s all about!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
- Great spot in Carrick with friendly staff and great live bands at the weekends!!!
- Great venue, music and atmosphere. It's the number 1 venue in Carrick...
- Great pub, really good atmosphere with fab live music!
- Hi Ya... Just want to say a huge thanks to the member of staff who found my phone lastnight and very kindly returned it to me... I'm hugely greatfull!!!! Just another reason to love percys!!! Please pass on my thanks!!!
- We were on a girls night, last night to see/hear Empire Circus play - who were phenomenal! It's great to have a venue with live music back in Carrick again. We were impressed with the pub decor, ladies toilets, smoking and band area... everything! Such a great atmosphere. Wishing ye every success lads!